A Poppy Is to Remember by Heather Patterson and Ron Lightburn
This story is for our grades 3-8 students
- What are your feelings when you pin on your poppy? Is there something you think about specifically?
- Remembrance day is about remembering. What are all of the things we can and should try to remember on this day?
- Have any of you attended the Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa? Please share about this experience with the class.
Ottawa’s National War Memorial
This story is for our K-2 students
Proud as a Peacock, Brave as a Lion by Jane Barclay, illustrated by Renne Benoit
- What are some of the special qualities that the boy’s grandfather has? How are they like the animals mentioned in the story?
- In the story there are times when the grandfather feels sad. Do we understand why he might feel sad?
- Why is it important that we be like elephants and wear our poppies?